Monday, February 4, 2013

First is the worst




My partner and I did the assignment wrong, obviously, still 10 hours of labor have gone into my little fantasy montage so here you are.

Autumn used graphically real images and I used fantastically colored images. If you look closely there is a girl inside the woman's mouth watching television, the images are spilling out and around until she is surrounded by escape. All of this is also inside of a television, the ultimate escape in America and around the world. The images may be portrayed as what the girl wants or dreams about in life but is it really what she desires or is she conditioned by societies model of consumption and escape?

3 comments:

  1. I think these two are one of my top favorites of the classes. The first, violence in america, is interesting to look at and full of visual impact. We really are a violent country and this provokes the viewer into thinking about it. I like the stark contrast between the forest fire and the black and white images. The second is just fun to look at. I like the use of the television set and all the creamy/pastel colors that contrast so brightly with the neon mushrooms. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although you did the project wrong, this diptych was also one of my favorites. Your "reality" picture was very successful. The way you had most of the pictures black and white, contrasting with red flames was very appealing to the eye. The message you were trying to send was very obvious, and I liked that it didn't take too much deep thinking to understand. I was very impressed with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the way both pieces were created. I know that not all the same pieces were used, but i believed that each one on its own are strong. The reality picture sends out the strong message of "problems" that society is facing today. Being able to display that with just an image is truly amazing. The television set creates a visual that makes the viewer take his or her time to appreciate the many types of images used. Nicely executed. Very impressive pieces.

    ReplyDelete